- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, coconut and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with additional nuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCarrot Cake
"The best carrot cake I've ever eaten, never fails, everyone raves about it."
"I didn't like it at all.You get much better dough if u combine first eggs, sugar and oil and then add the other stuff. Make a huge differenc.Its way too oily. I throw away first dough and took then only a bit more than 1/2 cup of oil.Its also too much sugar. I reduced it to 1/2 cup and it was sweet too.First cake wasted"
"I thought I had everything when I started to make this carrot cake. I didn't have any coconut, so I put in a cup of raisins, instead. The cake was extremely moist and my family enjoyed it. I will make it again and make sure that next time have coconut. I also only used 2 cups of powdered sugar in the frosting and 3 tablespoons of butter. The frosting was sweet enough without the extra cup of sugar."
"This was fantastic!"
"Amazing recipe! Just made this last night and it came out sooooo moist! Definitely using it again."
"I just harvested some carrots in the garden when I decided to make this. I had to make some substitutions because I didn't have all the ingredients in the house. I used two Jumbo eggs instead of three normal sized eggs. One crushed peeled apple (used food processor) instead of pineapple. No vanilla. No nuts. I grated the carrots but then pluses them in the processor with dry goods cause I didn't think it was chopped enough.As far as the frosting: I had half a package of cream cheese and some confession sugarTaste was good. Could have used more carrots and vanilla."
"I have this in the oven now. But I forgot to add the vanilla. Will it still be ok or should I start over?"
"My husband loves this cake but I add 1 cup raisen to it per hubbys request. He is in heaven when he eats it."
"This recipe is ok. It's probably not the "best" recipe out there. The frosting wasn't sweet enough to me. I don't like the frosting to be too sweet or anything but it just didn't seem like the right amount of sweetness. So, if you really don't like the frosting to be too sweet then you'll probably love this recipe. I've had a lot better so I couldn't rate it a 5 star."