Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and beat well. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Gradually add the salt, vanilla and milk, beating until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Sort By :
"My family all love this cake. It is so yummy!"
"The cake is good but the icing is just a little too sweet. definitely a good idea to add a little more cream cheese and subtract a little of the icing sugar."
"Been using for over 35 years"
"This recipe was super easy and tasty. I don't like super sweet frosting so I used 8 oz of cream cheese in the frosting. Turned out good."
"I think there is too much oil in this for me."