We made this for our daughter's wedding. We stirred it all by hand and baked it in frying pans of varied sizes. After decorating it with pink frosting roses, we transported it 50 miles to the church in the back of a car!
- 1-1/3 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and beat well. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for about 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Gradually add the salt, vanilla and milk, beating until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Cake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review