Carrot Cake Tarts with Cream Cheese Topping Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Carrot curls
- 1. Cut each pastry sheet into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 5-in. circle. Transfer to six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms; trim pastry even with edges.
- 2. Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 3 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture. Fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add whipping cream; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in pecans. Serve with tarts and garnish with carrot curls. Yield: 6 tarts.
1 tart with 1/3 cup topping: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Carrot Cake Tarts with Cream Cheese Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.