Carrot Cake Tarts with Cream Cheese Topping Recipe
When you crave carrot cake, but you don't want or need to bake a large cake, try my tarts! They have all the same wonderful flavors in a unique presentation and just right serving. —Laura Majchrzak, Hunt Valley, Maryland
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Carrot curls
- 1. Cut each pastry sheet into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into a 5-in. circle. Transfer to six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms; trim pastry even with edges.
- 2. Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 3 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture. Fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Gradually add whipping cream; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in pecans. Serve with tarts and garnish with carrot curls. Yield: 6 tarts.
Reviews for Carrot Cake Tarts with Cream Cheese Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC