- 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms; trim pastry even with
- Line each unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie
- weights. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes.
- Remove foil and weights; bake 3 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter until
- blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into egg
- mixture. Fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add whipping cream; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in
- pecans. Serve with tarts and garnish with carrot curls. Yield: 6
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.