This cookie's always been a favorite with my kids, and a bestseller at bake sales. If you want to gild the lily, you can add toasted chopped walnuts or pecans to the frosting.—Linda Ross, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups granola with fruit and nuts
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in carrots, granola and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cookies are set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review