Carrot Cake Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- CINNAMON SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Serve pancakes with cream cheese and syrup; sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup syrup).
3 each: 840 calories, 40g fat (13g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Carrot Cake Pancakes
"Delious not just for breakfast but anytime of day!!"
"I just made the pancakes and they are wonderful! I served them with maple syrup."