Here's a way for fans of carrot cake to have their favorite dessert for breakfast. These delicate, decadent pancakes are drizzled with sweet and spicy maple syrup that complements the sour cream and nut topping.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- CINNAMON SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Serve pancakes with cream cheese and syrup; sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Carrot Cake Pancakes in Country Woman January/February 2007, p21
Reviews for Carrot Cake Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"Delious not just for breakfast but anytime of day!!"
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
"I just made the pancakes and they are wonderful! I served them with maple syrup."