- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- CINNAMON SYRUP:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Serve pancakes with cream cheese and syrup; sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Carrot Cake Pancakes in Country Woman January/February 2007, p21
Reviews for Carrot Cake Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
Delious not just for breakfast but anytime of day!!
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
I just made the pancakes and they are wonderful! I served them with maple syrup.