Carrot Cake Oatmeal
This warm breakfast cereal made in the slow cooker is a great way to get your veggies in the morning and keep a healthy diet! For extra crunch, I garnish individual servings with ground walnuts or pecans.—Debbie Kain, Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Brown sugar, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first
- seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until oats
- are tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with brown sugar if
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 197 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.