- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until pears are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Reviews for Carrot Cake Jam
Sort By :
"Huge hit! Looking for more ways to use this! I did use a bit less sugar and I added a nice pinch of salt. Will make again so I have plenty on hand for gifts!"
"This was fabulous..I use it on rye bread with cream cheese or over ice cream..YUMMY.."
"Has anyone tried using apples instead of pears in this recipe?"
"I made this exactly as directed and it is waaaaay too sweet. I would definitely suggest you experiment with less sugar."