These yummy cookies taste just like bite-size carrot cakes! Michelle Nichols from Joplin, Missouri fills her irresistible treats with grated carrots, raisins and chopped pecans.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
Originally published as Carrot Cake Cookies in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p5
Reviews for Carrot Cake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review