Carrot Cake Bars Recipe
“A friend served these moist, tender cake bars at an outdoor party, and everyone raved about the taste. Often, I'll bake a big panful and freeze some for another day. So good!" —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) apricot baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Add baby foods; mix well. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 250 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cake Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC