Carrot Cabbage Slaw
This crunchy salad with a homemade honey mayonnaise dressing is light and complements almost any main dish. —Geordyth Sullivan, Miami, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples,
- raisins and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir
- in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into
- cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.