Carrot Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cabbage Slaw
"This was ok, but my husband liked it. Next time I would put in more cabbage and less carrots. I also added more sour cream because it was a tad bit dry."
"This is a favorite at my weekly dinner get-togethers."