Carrot Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 176 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cabbage Slaw
"This was ok, but my husband liked it. Next time I would put in more cabbage and less carrots. I also added more sour cream because it was a tad bit dry."
"This is a favorite at my weekly dinner get-togethers."