This crunchy salad with a homemade honey mayonnaise dressing is light and complements almost any main dish. —Geordyth Sullivan, Miami, Florida
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p37
Reviews for Carrot Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review