- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p37
Reviews for Carrot Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 22, 2012
"This was ok, but my husband liked it. Next time I would put in more cabbage and less carrots. I also added more sour cream because it was a tad bit dry."
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2010
"This is a favorite at my weekly dinner get-togethers."