- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired. Stir into cabbage mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p37
Reviews for Carrot Cabbage Slaw(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 22, 2012
This was ok, but my husband liked it. Next time I would put in more cabbage and less carrots. I also added more sour cream because it was a tad bit dry.
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2010
This is a favorite at my weekly dinner get-togethers.