Carrot Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper. Form into six patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Burgers
"This was hard to make! The mixture does not stick together to make patties. I am not sure if you need to add more cornflakes or more egg, or both! They do have a good flavor though."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.