Carrot Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper. Form into six patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 188 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Carrot Burgers
"This was hard to make! The mixture does not stick together to make patties. I am not sure if you need to add more cornflakes or more egg, or both! They do have a good flavor though."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.