Carrot Burgers Recipe
"These carrot patties were a big hit with my children when they were growing up," reports Phyllis Moody of King William, Virginia. Cornflakes provide the taste that kids find so appealing, while the low pricejust 18¢ a burgermakes them attractive to parents.
- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper. Form into six patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Burgers in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Carrot Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >