I created this salad for last summer's round of family reunions and picnics. My in-laws provided me with all the fresh vegetables from their garden.
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 small bunch broccoli (about 12 ounces), chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Stir in bacon just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Broccoli Salad in Country February/March 2000, p51
Reviews for Carrot Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"I had this at a picnic , it was so yummyI had to come home and look up the recipe for my own collection !"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2013
"YUMMY! Only changes I made were I used two small bunches of broccoli and a sweet onion. Will definitly make it again!!"