- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped or 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 40 crackers)
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broccoli; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Stir in broccoli and carrots until combined.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle a third of the mixture in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half the vegetable mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Broccoli Casserole
"Loved this! I used shredded cheddar instead of Velveeta."
"Good, but I've had better carrot-only versions. I like broccoli, but I suspect the combination wasn't as appealing."
"Very delicious. A Thanksgiving tradition everyone loves."
"This is SO scrumptious. I eat leftovers by themselves. This is a GREAT potluck dish for dinner parties. I like to make a fresh sharp cheddar cheese sauce (with milk, flour, butter and cheddar cheese) and use it instead of the Velveeta and butter sauce."
"This is a great recipe for parents of young children and/or inexperienced cooks to take to Holiday Dinners! It's fast, easy and great tasting. Just be sure to use real butter!"