- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped or 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 40 crackers)
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broccoli; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Stir in broccoli and carrots until combined.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle a third of the mixture in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half the vegetable mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCarrot Broccoli Casserole
"Loved this! I used shredded cheddar instead of Velveeta."
"Good, but I've had better carrot-only versions. I like broccoli, but I suspect the combination wasn't as appealing."
"Very delicious. A Thanksgiving tradition everyone loves."
"This is a great recipe for parents of young children and/or inexperienced cooks to take to Holiday Dinners! It's fast, easy and great tasting. Just be sure to use real butter!"
"Excellent veggie cassarole. Its even great reheated."
"Yummo! Everyone loved this dish. It is a keeper. It is even great reheated."
"This is wonderful - I take it to every holiday and the kids (and adults) love it. It's super easy to make."