Carrot Bran Muffins Recipe
With their golden brown tops, pretty flecks of orange and bursts of raisin sweetness, these bran muffins are anything but ordinary! Our Test Kitchen staff fine-tuned the recipe to make them extra moist and tender.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC