With their golden brown tops, pretty flecks of orange and bursts of raisin sweetness, these bran muffins are anything but ordinary! Our Test Kitchen staff fine-tuned the recipe to make them extra moist and tender.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Carrot Bran Muffins in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p65
Reviews for Carrot Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review