- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Bran Muffins
Sort By :
"These are a great muffin when you don't want something overlywhelmingly sweet. They turned out really good, suprisingly moist and I loved the raisins in them. I had to substitute oat bran for wheat bran, because I didn't have any, and the muffins came out great and they freeze well too!"
"These were nice and moist but seemed to lack a little flavor."
"Great taste with low calories & fat. Just what I'm looking for!"
"These muffins are super tasty and moist. I overbaked them the first time and they were still good."