- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Carrot Bran Muffins in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p65
Reviews for Carrot Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 12, 2014
These were nice and moist but seemed to lack a little flavor.
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2013
Great taste with low calories & fat. Just what I'm looking for!
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2012
These muffins are super tasty and moist. I overbaked them the first time and they were still good.