Carrot Bean Salad Recipe
"My husband and I spend most summer days working in our gardens, so I like dinner dishes that are healthy and easy," explains Virginia Arendt of Green Bay, Wisconsin. "I created this salad when cilantro was taking over our herb garden."
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place carrots in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil;cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately place carrots in a bowl of ice water. In another bowl, combine the garbanzo beans and celery. Drain carrots and add to bean mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, lemon-pepper and salt. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p9
Reviews for Carrot Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Carrot Salad >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >