Carrot Banana Bread
I received this from my mother-in-law and it's become my favorite banana bread recipe. The carrots add a special touch.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and
- cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas and oil. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots and
- pecans. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.