Carrot Apple Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the margarine. Add carrots, apples, onion and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, sage, pepper and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaf. Cool soup for 5 minutes. Puree one-third at a time in a blender or food processor. Return to the saucepan; cover and cook over medium until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 90 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Carrot Apple Soup
"My family loves this!!"
"Easy to make and great flavor. My kids love it!"