- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, melt the margarine. Add carrots, apples, onion and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, sage, pepper and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaf. Cool soup for 5 minutes. Puree one-third at a time in a blender or food processor. Return to the saucepan; cover and cook over medium until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Apple Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p17
Reviews for Carrot Apple Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2011
"My family loves this!!"
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2011
"Easy to make and great flavor. My kids love it!"
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2011