Carrot Apple Salad
Deciding to start eating healthy, I took a classic carrot and raisin salad recipe and lightened it up, then added apples for extra flavor. I took this dish to a weight-loss group meeting...and they loved it!
—Kim Jones of Collinsville, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice;
- toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot
- mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or
- until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.