Carrot Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 medium tart apples, diced
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sugar vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a bowl. Add apples to the juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, raisins, coconut and apples.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.