Carrot and Pineapple Bread
If you like carrot cake, you'll surely enjoy the taste of this lovely loaf shared by Sue Yount of McBain, Michigan. Each moist slice is chock-full of shredded carrot, crushed pineapple and crunchy chopped walnuts.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs,
- sugar and oil; add carrot, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts. Pour into two
- greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.