Carrot and Pineapple Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil; add carrot, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 173 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Carrot and Pineapple Bread
"A friend gave us a bakery bread that was called Roasted Pineapple & Carrot Bread. My husband loved it so much he searched the web to find this recipe. We have been making it on a regular basis for years now. The whole family loves the flavor.We like the idea of multi-grain, so we use one cup white, one cup wheat and one cup of oat flour. We also use a cup of brown sugar and a cup of white."
"Oh yum, may give up carrot cake altogether and just make this from now on. Very good."
"I had some leftover carrots and crushed pineapple from a carrot cake I had made last week so decided to use them up making this bread. YUMMY!! It does taste like carrot cake minus the icing (and calories from the icing). I halved the recipe to make one loaf and omitted the nuts but did add 1/4 cup raisins instead. A delicious bread to snack on anytime of day!"