Carrot and Pineapple Bread Recipe
If you like carrot cake, you'll surely enjoy the taste of this lovely loaf shared by Sue Yount of McBain, Michigan. Each moist slice is chock-full of shredded carrot, crushed pineapple and crunchy chopped walnuts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil; add carrot, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC