If you like carrot cake, you'll surely enjoy the taste of this lovely loaf shared by Sue Yount of McBain, Michigan. Each moist slice is chock-full of shredded carrot, crushed pineapple and crunchy chopped walnuts.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil; add carrot, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pineapple Carrot Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p16
Reviews for Carrot and Pineapple Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review