Carrot and Pineapple Bread Recipe
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil; add carrot, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Carrot and Pineapple Bread(2)
Sort By :
Oh yum, may give up carrot cake altogether and just make this from now on. Very good.
I had some leftover carrots and crushed pineapple from a carrot cake I had made last week so decided to use them up making this bread. YUMMY!! It does taste like carrot cake minus the icing (and calories from the icing). I halved the recipe to make one loaf and omitted the nuts but did add 1/4 cup raisins instead. A delicious bread to snack on anytime of day!