Carrot 'N' Celery Amandine Recipe
"When I prepare a rather plain entree like baked chicken for dinner, I try to make an interesting side dish like this one," writes Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois. "The crisp-tender veggies, seasoned with soy sauce and garlic, get added crunch from the toasted almonds.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the water, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add carrots, onion and celery; cook until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Carrot 'N' Celery Amandine in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p13
Reviews for Carrot 'N' Celery Amandine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2011
I didn't use the garlic and oil. And doubled the recipe for Thanksgiving dinner today. Everyone loved it. Great flavor and good way to get your veggies :) Will definitely be making this a lot.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >