- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla until well
- blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda,
- salt, cloves and nutmeg; gradually beat into egg mixture until
- blended. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- pineapple until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and
- stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set
- aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add
- confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Cut a large hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a
- round tip. Fill with pineapple filling. Push the tip through the top
- of the cupcake to fill each cupcake. Frost tops and sprinkle with
- cinnamon. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 403 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.