- piece of cardboard; frost cake top white and sides pink.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Insert star tip
- #21; fill with white frosting. Pipe evenly spaced vertical stripes
- on sides of cakes. Using pink frosting and star tip, pipe rosettes
- between each strip on pink cake.
- Insert large dowel in the center of purple cake. Insert remaining
- dowels evenly spaced around cake. Place pink cake on top of dowels.
- For more stability, attach top cake to dowels with cookie icing if
- desired. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Editor's Note: In addition to standard baking supplies and the ingredients listed in this recipe, this cake requires four 10-inch lengths of 1/4-inch wooden dowel, two 13-inch pieces of 1/8-inch wide purple ribbon, a 10-inch serving plate, a thin lightweight plate or 9-inch-round piece of cardboard, a star #21 pastry tip, pastry or plastic bags and the patterns on page 19. Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 604 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.