Caroline's Basil Boats Recipe
Inspired by my grandfather's garden, I created these fresh, simple boats that are always gobbled up in a snap.—Judy Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1. Place basil leaves on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 filled basil leaf equals 36 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC