- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Reviews forCaroline's Basil Boats
"WHAT AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!! I never thought of stuffing a basil leaf - opens up a whole world of veggies that can be used to hold savory goodies. Thanks Caroline!"