Inspired by my grandfather's garden, I created these fresh, simple boats that are always gobbled up in a snap.—Judy Blackburn, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Place basil leaves on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, carrot and mozzarella cheese; spoon into basil leaves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Originally published as Caroline's Basil Boats in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p31
Reviews for Caroline's Basil Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2012
"WHAT AN EXCELLENT IDEA!!! I never thought of stuffing a basil leaf - opens up a whole world of veggies that can be used to hold savory goodies. Thanks Caroline!"