Carolina Marinated Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the molasses, mustard and vinegar; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork equals 160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.