Carolina Crab Boil Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) light beer or 1-1/2 cups additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 pounds cooked snow crab legs
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown sausage. Stir in broth, water, beer, seafood seasoning and bay leaves. Add vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Add crab; heat through. Drain; remove bay leaves. Transfer to a serving bowl; season with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 420 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 2,206 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Carolina Crab Boil
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.