Carolina Crab Boil Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) light beer or 1-1/2 cups additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 pounds cooked snow crab legs
- Pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown sausage. Stir in broth, water, beer, seafood seasoning and bay leaves. Add vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add crab; heat through. Drain; remove bay leaves. Transfer to a serving bowl; season with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Carolina Crab Boil(3)
Sort By :
Love,love, love! And so easy! Most recipes like this seem so difficult but this was super easy and took less than an hour to make including the prep work. Delicious!
Delicious!! I've tasted alot of different Crab Boil recipes while living in Florida and this one is up there with the best. My husband had seconds and he's a BIG sea food lover. This a recipe I will make again!!
Overall very good. I added unpeeled shrimp too. The only thing I didn't like about this dish was that the smoked turkey sausage ended up very dry and overcooked. I think it might be better to brown it and then remove it from the pan, and add it back towards the of the cooking time. Next time I would add another onion and more potatoes too. Overall an excellent dish, and I am sure anyone who grew up eating this will love it! The magazine article said to pass melted butter and hot sauce on the side, and this is key!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >
- Sweet Corn Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >