- In a small saucepan, whisk the chicken broth, mole sauce, tomato
- paste and remaining salt. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over orzo and vegetables. Stir in pork; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cool. Cover; may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen carnitas: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from
- the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; broil
- 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is lightly
- golden. Yield: 5 servings.
Editor's Note: To use immediately, broil as directed. When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended.
Nutritional Facts: 1.333 cups equals 559 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,509 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 37 g protein.