The house smells fantastic all day when I'm making this slow-cooked recipe. The tacos have so much flavor, you'd never guess they use just five ingredients. I love that they're ready when you need them at the end of the day. —Mary Wood, Maize, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with
- taco seasoning. Pour tomatoes over top. Cover and cook on low for
- 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Skim fat from
- cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a
- slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each tortilla; top with cheese.
- Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 taco (calculated without sour cream) equals 414 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.