- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Pour tomatoes over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each tortilla; top with cheese. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Carnitas Tacos
Sort By :
"So easy to make, and very tasty! I was afraid there wouldn't be enough liquid, but there was. (I'm glad I didn't add any!) We'll make this again!"
"Excellent Mexican dish. My family loved it!!! So easy to make in the slow cooker. Put all ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and then when you get home from work, the house smells wonderful and you have a great meal. This also requires very few ingredients. Delicious!"
"AND my husband reminded me about the available leftovers, as in, "Is there any of that pork stuff left?" which happens almost never, so this is HIS 5-star rating!"
"YEE HAH this was good! I also don't know how you'd skim the fat - it all looked the same in my crockpot so I didn't bother with that part. Used hot and spicy taco seasoning, excellent. Served with cojita cheese, sour cream and salsa verde in hard taco shells for DH and soft for me. We loved this!"
"I never smelled anything as good as this while it was cooking. It was simple to make, and delicious! This will become a regular in my menu rotation."