A crispy dish with a citrus kick! The secret to authentic Carnitas cooks up at home in three easy steps that combine the savory juiciness of pork shoulder with delicious spices.
- 2 boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- GOYA® Adobo with Pepper
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper from 11 oz. can of GOYA® Green Pickled Jalapeño Pepper (optional)
- 1 packet GOYA® Chicken Bouillon
- Water to cover
- 3 tablespoons GOYA® Corn Oil
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 packet Sazón GOYA® without Annatto
- GOYA® Flour Tortillas , warmed
- 1 jar GOYA® Pico de Gallo (Mild)
- 1 tub Frozen GOYA® Guacamole, thawed
- Season meat with Adobo.
- In a deep-sided frying pan or casserole, combine pork, onion, garlic, Jalapeño, bouillon. Add water to cover. Bring to boil, cover and simmer on low heat until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Drain in colander, discarding vegetables and water.
- Heat oil in same pan on medium high. Add drained meat and brown, turning occasionally.
- When meat is browned, add orange juice and Sazón and bring to boil. Place in oven, uncovered, until juice reduces and glazes meat, about 30 minutes. Stir every 5-10 minutes so it doesn't stick and juice evenly coats meat.
- Serve with Tortillas, Salsa Pico de Gallo and Guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Carnitas Provided by GOYA®
Reviews for Carnitas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review