Carl's Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Add a crusty loaf of warm bread and this savory soup is an instant meal!—Carl Bates, Pleasanton, California
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, okra, celery, beans, carrots, corn, parsley, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until tender. Discard bay leaves.
Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 10 servings (4 quarts).
1-1/2 cup: 174 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1449mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Carl's Chicken Noodle Soup
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2010
"easy, great taste, we all loved it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC