Carl's Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Add a crusty loaf of warm bread and this savory soup is an instant meal!—Carl Bates, Pleasanton, California
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, okra, celery, beans, carrots, corn, parsley, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in noodles; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until tender. Discard bay leaves.
Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 10 servings (4 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 174 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,449 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Carl's Chicken Noodle Soup
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2010
"easy, great taste, we all loved it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC