- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the coconut, banana, walnuts and pineapple. Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 15-20 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pureed strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Strain mixture, reserving sauce; discard seeds. Sprinkle wontons with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Caribbean Wontons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p70
Reviews for Caribbean Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >