Caribbean jerk seasoning--a blend of red pepper, allspice, turmeric, onion and thyme--is an easy way to spice up meat or poultry.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 sweet red pepper rings
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, mango slices and red pepper rings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Turkey Burgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p125
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caribbean Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
"I love this burger! The mango adds a nice flavor to the turkey. Love it, love it, love it."