Caribbean jerk seasoning--a blend of red pepper, allspice, turmeric, onion and thyme--is an easy way to spice up meat or poultry.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 4 sweet red pepper rings
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, mango slices and red pepper rings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Turkey Burgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p125
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Caribbean Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2011
"I love this burger! The mango adds a nice flavor to the turkey. Love it, love it, love it."