Caribbean Rice 'n' Shrimp
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) Caribbean rice mix
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add
- asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook for
- 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Add asparagus, shrimp
- and tomato to rice; toss gently. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 352 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 1,278 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.