Caribbean Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the mustard, thyme and pepper flakes; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- 2. Pour remaining pineapple juice into skillet. Stir in green onions and raisins; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir reserved pineapple juice mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Stir in bananas. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 314 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Caribbean Pineapple Chicken
"I made this for my family last night. I REALLY enjoyed it. However, I am also a huge banana fan, and I love meat paired with fruit. My family, accustomed to the meat and potatoes kind of meals, ate it, but did not fall in love. I would love to make this again- just for myself only!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.