- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove skin from chicken; if desired, use a sharp knife to cut through the leg quarter joints. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Sort By :
"I would definitely make this again! We loved it. It disappeared fast!!"
"My sister made this it's fantastic!!!!!!"
"I liked this sweet and spicy chicken."
"Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless thighs, mixed marinate and put in the chicken and in refrigerator overnight. Put on the grill for about 20 minutes and it was VERY good."
"This chicken was fantastic, best chicken legs I've ever had. I did them in the oven and poured the marinade on top. I also used italian dressing in place of the olive oil because I didn't have the dry mix."