Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove skin from chicken; if desired, use a sharp knife to cut through the leg quarter joints. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on greased grill rack; cook, covered, over medium heat 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Caribbean Jerk Chicken
"I would definitely make this again! We loved it. It disappeared fast!!"
"My sister made this it's fantastic!!!!!!"
"I liked this sweet and spicy chicken."
"Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless thighs, mixed marinate and put in the chicken and in refrigerator overnight. Put on the grill for about 20 minutes and it was VERY good."
"This chicken was fantastic, best chicken legs I've ever had. I did them in the oven and poured the marinade on top. I also used italian dressing in place of the olive oil because I didn't have the dry mix."
"My husband and I always rave about how it is seriously the best chicken we have ever had! Everyone who has ever tried it at our house always loves it too!"
"Delicious! I also baked it instead of grilling it: 30 minutes on each side at 425 degrees. Turned out PERFECT!"
"Absolutely delicious! Wonderful flavor and so easy to make! I will definitely make this recipe over and over again."
"Started the chicken in an aluminum pan before placing it directly on the grill. It was very tasty. Received many compliments from family and friends."
"Very tasty. Easy marinade. Baked the chicken and it was still very good... Awesome recipe. It's definitely a keeper."
"AMAZING! This marinade is super fast to mix up and you don't have to marinade it nearly as long as it says. We kept half the sauce aside and marinaded the chicken (skinless, boneless breasts) for probably 20 mins and then basted w/ the extra sauce while grilling. I don't like spicy things, but this was perfect."
"We were going to make our usual bbq chicken leg quarters when we stumbled across this recipe.A very nice change and it may now become our staple recipe when we are looking for bbq quarters again.Thanks for the recipe!"
"This has an excellent flavor!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.