- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove skin from chicken; if desired, use a sharp knife to cut through the leg quarter joints. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on greased grill rack; cook, covered, over medium heat 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caribbean Jerk Chicken
"THAT IS NOT JERK chicken, you do not use Italian dressing and you forgot a ton of other spices........ please do not make up your own recipes and call it Jamaican Jerk. You want the proper recipe see below........SMH.3 scallions, chopped4 large garlic cloves, chopped1 small onion, chopped4 to 5 fresh Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, stemmed and seeded1/4 cup fresh lime juice2 tablespoons soy sauce3 tablespoons olive oil1 1/2 tablespoons salt1 tablespoon packed brown sugar1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves2 teaspoons ground allspice2 teaspoons black pepper3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg1/2 teaspoon cinnamonThank me later!!!!!"
"I would definitely make this again! We loved it. It disappeared fast!!"
"My sister made this it's fantastic!!!!!!"
"I liked this sweet and spicy chicken."
"Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless thighs, mixed marinate and put in the chicken and in refrigerator overnight. Put on the grill for about 20 minutes and it was VERY good."
"My husband and I always rave about how it is seriously the best chicken we have ever had! Everyone who has ever tried it at our house always loves it too!"
"Delicious! I also baked it instead of grilling it: 30 minutes on each side at 425 degrees. Turned out PERFECT!"
"Absolutely delicious! Wonderful flavor and so easy to make! I will definitely make this recipe over and over again."
"Started the chicken in an aluminum pan before placing it directly on the grill. It was very tasty. Received many compliments from family and friends."