- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Sort By :
My sister made this it's fantastic!!!!!!
I liked this sweet and spicy chicken.
Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless thighs, mixed marinate and put in the chicken and in refrigerator overnight. Put on the grill for about 20 minutes and it was VERY good.
Very good flavor. I baked in oven 1 hr at 400. I added cumin, otherwise followed recipe as shown.
This chicken was fantastic, best chicken legs I've ever had. I did them in the oven and poured the marinade on top. I also used italian dressing in place of the olive oil because I didn't have the dry mix.