Get ready to rock the grill with this spicy and wonderfully fragrant chicken. The zippy marinade includes hints of cinnamon, cayenne and thyme. We like to think of this dish as “chicken with attitude.”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove skin from chicken; if desired, use a sharp knife to cut through the leg quarter joints. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on greased grill rack; cook, covered, over medium heat 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Caribbean Jerk Chicken in Country Extra July 2009, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review