Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes
I made this mind-blowing steak with my father-in-law in mind. He loved it, and so did everyone else. You can serve it as part of all types of meals, but it's especially good alongside seafood. —De'Lawrence Reed, Durham, NC
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until
- blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks; seal
- bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak equals 762 calories, 54 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 61 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold